- In 2008, Chinese non-financial overseas direct investment is 41.86 billion U.S. dollars, increased by 68.5%; foreign enterprises gain sales income of 534.3 billion U.S. dollars, increased by 58.3%. Investors gain total volume of exports and imports of 179.2 billion U.S. dollars through overseas enterprises, among which the volume of exports is 2.1 billion U.S. dollars, up 29.4% over the previous year.
- By the end of 2008, there are more than 1 million employees of which 45.5 million are employed foreign workers.
Part II: Analysis of china's foreign direct investment flows and the characteristics of the stock
- It’s the first time china's foreign direct investment flows exceeded 50 billion U.S. dollars, doubled over the previous year; acquisition and merger accounting for half of the flows; Financial sector foreign direct investment is active, 7.4 times higher than the previous year; Reinvestment of current profits decreases by 19.2%; The investment to business services, finance, wholesale and retail trade, mining and transportation account for the 90%; Asia is the most concentrated areas of current flow while Africa is the areas with largest growth. Investment from different provinces grows steadily, and Guangdong, Jiangsu, Shandong provinces are the in the top of non-financial overseas direct investment; central enterprises accounted for 85.4% of the flow while the private sector accounted for only 0.3% of flow.
- The stock of the investment scale expanded steadily, covering more countries/regions; Industry distribution is more divers, with business services, financial services, wholesale and retail trade, mining, transportation / warehousing and postal industries, and manufacturing industry totally amounts 90% of the stock of investment. state-owned enterprises and limited liability companies are the major force in foreign direct investment; in non-financial overseas direct investment stock, the central enterprises and units accounted for 81.3%, and local enterprises accounting for 18.7%.
Part III: analysis of direct investment in six main countries/regions of European Union, the United States, Australia, the Russian Federation, the Association of Southeast Asian Nations and Hong Kong from the angle of the structure of trades.
Part IV: Analysis on the composition of domestic investors mainly from the ownership, industry
- china's foreign direct investors remain diversified. State-owned enterprises decline in the proportion of domestic investors while limited liability companies increased to 50.2% of domestic investors, taking the first place. The numbers of domestic investors of state-owned enterprises accounted for 16.1%, decreased by 3.6 percentage, taking the second place. the private sector accounted for 9.4%, the third in the number of investors.
- In non-financial overseas direct investors, the central enterprises and units accounted for only 5.6%, and provinces and autonomous regions accounted for 94.4% of investors.
- From the view of domestic investors in the industry distribution, the total number of manufacturing investors accounted for 42.7%, followed by wholesale and retail trade, and then are the business services, agriculture / forestry, animal husbandry / fisheries.
Part V: discuss on the allocation, sector allocation of china's foreign direct investment enterprises
- By the end of 2008, china's 12,000 foreign direct investment enterprises were distributed in 174 countries and regions worldwide, the investment coverage is 71.9%.
- Asia, Africa investment coverage are the highest, ,90% and 81.4% respectively.
- with respect of area allocation, Asia and Europe had 71% of the total foreign enterprises.
- with respect of methods enterprises establishment, subsidiaries and affiliates accounted for 96% of the foreign companies, associated companies accounted for only 4%.
- he enterprise from Zhejiang, Guangdong, Jiangsu, Shandong, Beijing, Fujian, Shanghai, Henan and Heilongjiang provinces/cities accounted for 70% of the total number of foreign companies. Zhejiang Province had the largest number of foreign enterprises provinces.
Part VI: lists of comprehensive statistical data of Foreign direct investment.(Omitted )
Second, foreign investment in Zhejiang Province in 2009
"Zhejiang Province, although the scale of overseas investment is not huge, but a high success rate reflects the characteristics of sound operation of Zhejiang enterprises. “
Zhejiang enterprises overseas investment have their clear characteristics: First, foreign investment are mostly have their advantages; second, investment projects often have a good market base; Third, foreign investment is focused localization of management, particularly with the acquisitions, often run by local people mainly.
Through overseas investment, Zhejiang enterprises effectively control the sales channel, obtain advanced technology, advertise or acquire the brand. Moreover, through overseas investment, Zhejiang enterprises not only promote to adjust the business development method, upgrade the competitiveness, but also gain experiences of multinational management which lays a sound foundation to nurture multinational enterprises of Zhejiang province.